Title: “Turn The Lights On- Ethics”
Ethics for Court Reporters: 2.5 hours
Presenter: Pam Coder, CSR
This program covers how to handle various situations that arise, such as:
- When and when not to interrupt proceedings
- The videographer did what? Said what?
- Confidential transcripts or portions thereof
- Pro se party wants you to do what?
- Accents, dialects, dilemmas
- The reporter was asked to do what?
- Timely delivery
Pam is a dedicated freelance reporter in Texas. She has been a working reporter since 1994 and has been a realtime writer since 1998. She has been mentoring students from Alvin Community College and Court Reporting Institute of Houston since 2003. Pam is the author of “Transforming From Student to Professional Court Reporter.” She is founder and president of RACR in Houston
Title: “Grammar and Punctuation Made Easy for Court Reporters” 3 hours
Presenter: Carrie Pique, CSR
Carrie shows how to master grammar and punctuation for the working reporter by learning how to easily differentiate between commonly misused words; e.g. passed or past, affect or effect. She will also cover how to correctly punctuate while not over-punctuating.
After taking this course, you will glean a better understanding of how to put together a well-read, properly-punctuated transcript. You can have fun while working on a transcript without stressing out if you have the proper working tools and possess a great understanding of grammar and punctuation. Everyone needs a refresher.
- Learn how to properly research material, such as in research books
- Learn how to not be too dependent on Google
- Hyphenation. Is it one word or two?
- Commonly misused words
Carrie Pique has been a working reporter in the State of Illinois since 1999. She has worked for a large agency, smaller agency, and is currently running her small agency. She has always had a strong passion for building outstanding English skills and has done extensive research, which gives her excellent expertise in presenting this program.
Session Title: “Balancing Your Life With Humor For Court Reporters”
Skills for balancing your life: 4.5 hours
Presenter: Jeff Justice
If you have ever attended one of Jeff’s programs, then you know how much fun getting your CEUs can be. You’ll Discover:
- The benefits and strategies to achieve balance
- Laughter is still the best medicine – When to employ internal and external humor
You’ll Learn How to Use Humor to:
- Harmonize your home and work life
- Reduce stress
- Reframe negative situations
- Deal with a lack of respect
- Move toward a balanced life
- Reduce and prevent burnout
- Enjoy life more