Title: “Stopping Stress Before It Stops You”
Using your sense of humor to manage stress in your life: 3 hours
Presenter: Jeff Justice, CSP
The session will introduce the concepts of stress management using humor. It will contain the latest information available for coping with stressful situations that come up for reporters both at work and at home.
I. The participants will discover
• What causes stress for their personality type
• The effects of stress on their body
• Simple, practical tools for dealing with stress
II. The participants will learn how to:
• Reduce stress
• Understand what type of people cause them stress
• How their personality type works with other personality types • Deflect and defuse anger and hostility
• Reframe negative situations
• Take themselves lightly and their work seriously
• Reduce and prevent burnout
The session is highly interactive and combines a DISC personality profile, demonstration, lecturettes, behavior modeling, audience participation, the interaction of the presenters, and interactive analysis of the processes involved.