2.5 Hours (150 minutes)
Presenter: Pam Coder, CSR
In this two-and-a-half-hour presentation, court reporters will explore rules they should know backward and forwards in their working environment. We will go over the NCRA Code of Professional Ethics. Also, will discuss the distribution of uncertified rough drafts.
Participants will discuss:
- Which rules come up most often in depositions
- Which rules come up most often in court
- The rules that you should carry in your bag
- The rules that a reporter should know and be able to discuss with attorneys and peers
- NCRA Code of Professional ethics dos and don’ts
- Distribution of uncertified rough drafts
Participants will learn how to:
- Calmly discuss the rules
- Shut down negative conversations regarding the rules with humor
- Who does and does not receive a distribution of uncertified rough drafts
- Find NCRA advisory opinions
This presentation will involve slides/handouts regarding reading and signing, audio transcription, who can and cannot take depositions (Federal/State), NCRA advisory opinions, Zoom etiquette, others recording, and much more. We will have interactive group discussions and competitive games for rule retention.